background

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Three Months!

I am a few days late, but here are some things about three month old Carter:

- He has pretty much 100% head control - only when he is sleepy and lazy does he need a little help.
- When he lays on his tummy he can lift his head and shoulders 90 degrees off of the ground. He, however, does not enjoy tummy time, so we don't really force the issue.
- The pool - he is still neutral about the pool. I think that he likes the water, but he isn't quite so sure about the colder temperature.
- Still waiting on the roll over from the flat surface. He is very close. At this point, I don't think that he has much motivation to roll over even though I think the skills are there.
- He is OBSESSED with the fans. He does not need toys or human entertainment for a lot of the day if there is a fan for him to stare at. He prefers them to be on, but they are still apparently very interesting even when they are not moving.
- At night, he does a great job of self-soothing. He sleeps from about 8:30-7:00 with one feeding between 2-4ish. For a breastfed baby, I am very happy with this!
- You can tell that he is starting to practice sitting. He likes to lay on your legs and stomach and pull up to a sitting position. He is very wobbly from side to side, but strong enough to pull himself forward.
- His hands spend more time open rather than in fists, and he grabs things with less coaxing from us.
- This one to embarrass him as a teenager (or maybe he will be proud) - he is quite gassy and it has started to smell bad!
- He is quite chunky and wears his extra weight in his legs and cheeks. His legs have some serious fat rolls!
- Noise and large amounts of people have started to overwhelm him. He doesn't do very well in these situations right now and especially if they are between the hours of 5-8 which means that we are not eating dinner out right now. Our last dinner out with Mom and Dad was not a success, so I decided that we would try eating lunch out in the future. : )

That is all that I have for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment