I have been a bit absent recently, but I think I have managed to catch up on blogging today.
Our recent excitement with Carter includes the following:
- He is pulling himself up on things. He still has not thought to try this in the crib yet, but I know that the day will be here soon when I walk in and he is standing up waiting for me.
- His fine motor skills seem to be the area where he is changing the most. Just watching him play and hold toys I can see how much he has developed.
- His diet is expanding, and he really does not hesitate when trying new foods. Green beans are the only thing so far that he hesitates about. And, I don't really blame him - they smell nasty!
- Changing a diaper/clothes = a wrestling match. Matt is firmer and is more successful than I have been recently. I guess it surprises me at how much force it really does take to hold him down.
- More and more each day he knows Matt and I more. This is a wonderful feeling. : ) Especially when he is hungry, he loves to see me. : )
- We have still not had to introduce formula, but this month I have surgery which might possibly kill me, so in anticipation of craziness we just bought our first can of formula. : (
So, residency updates - like I said, I start general surgery tomorrow. It is going to be crazy and intense and I am really not looking forward to it. I just have to keep telling myself that it is only one month, and I can do anything for a month. I have eight 24++ hour calls which, from what I hear, are all very busy. With this all said, I would love your prayers and good vibes if you have any to send my way. Our whole family will need them this month. I am so glad that I have Matt to stand by my side and support me through these times.
No comments:
Post a Comment