background

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Because I'm Pregnant

Yesterday morning after a night of tossing and turning, I was explaining to Dad that I didn't sleep well because my back was hurting throughout the night. "Why?" he asked. I simply responded, "Because I'm pregnant." If only it was so easy to understand all medical aliments! I began thinking about how amazing it is that this simple, concise statement can easily answer so many questions perfectly with no need for further information.

Why are my feet/ankles swollen? Why does my body not feel/look like my own? Why am I crying? Why am I so thirsty? Why is there something kicking me? Why am I walking so slowing? Why do I feel like I am waddling? Why do I notice other peoples strollers? Why am I out of breath at times when I feel like I shouldn't be? Why are the dogs acting differently? Why do random people smile at me when I walk by?

With that said, however, not all of the questions that this same answer applies to are negative or unequivocal...Why do I feel so happy? Why do I have the anticipation that my life is soon going to change forever for the better? Why does Matt look at me differently and more deeply sometimes? Why do I miss Matt more when I'm gone? Why are my priorities so different when looking for a residency then they might have been a year ago? Why does this seem like the most amazing time in my life even with so much going on?

(FYI - this was written on our plane to Denver - isn't technology amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment