background

Monday, March 8, 2010

37 weeks and beyond

Well, we have made it to 37 weeks which means that if I go into labor at any time now there will be no stopping it! I have to say that even though the likelihood is that we have 3-4 more weeks, Matt and I are both very ready to meet Speck. And, I am very ready to not be pregnant. : )

I enjoyed/survived my first week of no medical school. As many of you know, I'm not so good at not being busy, and there were definitely times when I thought I might go crazy. I asked Matt if I could come teach his classes, but he denied my request, but he will allow me to come next Monday for "Pi Day." However, I feel very fortunate to not have to be on my feet all day long and have enjoyed getting lots of sleep while I can.

We had three showings in the past week which I consider a successful first week on the market. The first people that came said that we were one of their top two choices, but we have not heard back from them. Another crew left a note saying "bathroom placement is awkward." Well, guess this isn't the house for them because there certainly isn't anything we can do about that! I had to admit to Matt that keeping the house clean and clutter free was not as bad as I had predicted. Now, when we have a newborn baby around it might be another story.

Yesterday, my medical school friends threw us a shower which was a blast. I will hopefully have pictures to share soon. Matt and I feel very fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family and have received such wonderful gifts for Speck. Thanks again to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment