background
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Eight Months!
Wow...it is so hard to believe that he is eight months old!!
- He still loves to stand and can get up to standing with little difficulty. He has started cruising around the furniture and loves to walk with help. Sometimes, he thinks that he already can walk. Quickly, he realizes that he is wrong.
- He is a great eater. He gets 4 bottles a day, 3 solid food meals, and a snack. He really loves puffs and crackers. We are going to start and try more small pieces of soft fruits/veggies. I am still nursing/pumping, but have not been able to keep up with him for the past month so we are supplementing with formula. I don't feel as guilty about this as I thought I would.
- Pretty much his favorite thing in the whole world right now is doing the "Hokey Pokey." Nothing really greater in his world.
- He is a supper giggler. He has the most amazing, from the gut giggles. We should try and capture these on video to share.
- Diaper and clothes changing really can be an all out wrestling match. He also thinks that this is hilarious. Sometimes, I have to put him on the floor so that I can use more of my weight to hold him down. It really amazes me how strong he is.
- He has a frog blanket thing that he snuggles with everynight. So cute!
- At day care he has completed his first two art projects. The first is his footprints made into ghosts for Halloween. The second is finger paint. You better believe that they are on the fridge!
- We were a little slow to move on getting crib guards, so our crib has some lovely teeth marks. At least we bought the cheapest crib!
- He has thinned out a lot. He still has some chub, but definitely not as much. He pretty much does not hold still unless he is sleeping, so I'm sure that he burns record number of calories. Matt and I are still amazed when we see babies of all ages holding still. Carter pretty much never held still. Not in the womb. In his early weeks, yes. But, even early on you had to be moving while holding him, and he did not stand for not being held out to see the world. We see babies in the carriers out and about and laugh thinking about if we tried that with Carter. We are predicting a climber. Mom said that I never tried to climb and get as high as he already does, so must be a Matt trait.
- Above are bath time pictures to really embarrass him when he is older. Can you say yearbook and rehearsal dinner slideshow?!?! Doesn't he have such a cute little tush?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment