background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Lucky Day

Good morning.  Yes, it is 5:30am.  No, I do not have to work today.  Yes, I have already started laundry.  Yes, I am my father's child.  Such is the life of being on a schedule of getting up at 4:30 in the morning.

I wanted to share with you my lucky Tuesday.  On Tuesday, I had clinic so I did not have to be at the hospital until around 6:30 so there were actually people on the road when I was driving to work.  I was going a wee bit too fast and got pulled over.  As soon as I saw the cop, I knew that he was going to pull me over.  Our conversation went something like this:

Cop: I got you driving a little fast this morning, ma'am.  Are you late for work?
Me: Yes, I'm sorry sir.  Um....exactly how fast did you get me going?
Cop: Well, let me just put it this way... (long pause, gulp)  I'm going to get you information and if everything checks out I'm just going to give you a warning.

Wow....this was lucky!  I later learned that in NC if you are going 15 over the speed limit you automatically lose your license for a month.  Let's just say this was lucky event number one of the day.

Later that night Matt, Carter, and I were heading out to get haircuts at our local Great Clips.  When I walked in the garage I heard this "shhhhhhhh" noise.  It seemed to be coming from my car.  In Matt's optimistic-nothing is ever wrong-perspective he states, "I think it is the leaves blowing the wind outside."  I tried to convince myself of this but then noticed a huge nail in my tire where the noise was originating from.  A quick trip to Firestone and tire fixed.  What a mess it would have been if I did not realize this and had a flat tire at 5:00am.

So, some people may look at these events as bad luck, but Tuesday I really felt like someone was looking out for me.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment