background

Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!





Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband and father!! I seriously do not know what I would have done without Matt's amazing love and support over the past years but especially since the birth of Carter. I always knew that he was a wonderful husband and would be a wonderful dad, but I never imagined that he would be as perfect at marriage and parenting as he is. Over the past four weeks he has worn many hats and worn them well - Master Swaddler, Lactation Consultant (seriously, at one point my mom said, "Let Matt help you, he is better at it." This coming from a woman who breastfed two children for a total of 21 months), Expert Baby Burper, Baby Soother, Personal Chef, Housekeeper, Psychologist, Nighttime Baby Feeder, and the list goes on....Over the past few weeks our life has been turned upside down and my love for schedules and planning thrown out the door which has resulted in a serious emotional roller coaster, but Matt has been my rock through the entire adjustment process - he has never faltered or seemed overwhelmed. I am so lucky to have Matt in my life and hope that he knows how much he means to me!

1 comment:

  1. Colleen- does it really still surprise you when Matt turns out to be good at something?

    Happy birthday, Mathew!

    ReplyDelete